Rieke Metals was founded with a particular goal: To develop the highly reactive metals and novel reagents our clients need to create the next groundbreaking innovation.
For Dr. Reuben D. Rieke and co-founder Loretta Rieke, this was the culmination of more than 40 years of research, curiosity, and dedication to advancing scientific research.
Grounded in Science
Over the course of his career, Dr. Rieke received 23 patents, published more than 200 scientific articles, and became one of the world’s premier educators on organometallic chemistry. Embedded in this history was more than 40 years researching and manufacturing organozinc and Grignard reagents.
This well-rounded background made him uniquely qualified to create an environment that could help fellow materials scientists excel at their own projects. Rieke Metals opened in 1991 in Lincoln, Nebraska, with a staff of six, and quickly began to make major contributions to the scientific community.
A Series of Firsts
Our lab was the first to develop Rieke® metals: the highly reactive powdered metals that changed what was possible in chemical synthesis. Rieke® Zinc and Rieke® Magnesium enabled scientists to create reactions not previously seen in materials science, including the formation of Grignard reagents that had eluded scientists for years.
After breaking through with Rieke Zinc and Magnesium, Rieke Metals brought more firsts to the table, including:
- Hundreds of unique organozinc and specialty Grignard reagents
- Thousands of highly functionalized fine chemicals
- Novel functionalized thiophene polymers and monomers, including P3HT, Poly(3-hexylthiophene-2,5-diyl)
Rieke Metals had established itself as a world-class lab. But we weren’t done evolving.
Continuing to Grow
Rieke Metals was acquired by Blue Diamond Capital in 2014. This enabled us to continue growing, both in our ability to develop and offer new products and to expand our capacity for commercial manufacturing. In 2017, Rieke Metals acquired Novel Chemical Solutions and its catalog of over 15,000 specialty building blocks and organometallic reagents.
These landmark expansions enabled Rieke Metals to become a leading specialty supplier of high-grade grignards, organozinc reagents, and fine organic chemicals.
We now offer more than 30,000 products, including 5,000 organometallics, to a wide range of industries in the areas of clinical and life sciences, nanoelectronics, and polymer chemistry. We are proud of our part in helping to develop the innovations that change lives.
Pushing the Boundaries
Rieke Metals is the organization to turn to for R&D expertise that protects your product.
Our services include:
- Contract research services for materials science, polymer chemistry, and organometallic compounds
- Custom chemical synthesis to develop unique molecules, including polymers and monomers, for specific needs
- Custom ROS design for temperature-, moisture- and air-sensitive molecules, as well as ROS enhancement and scale-up services to improve and ensure yield, quality, and purity
- Specification profile creation to ensure consistency and quality of each shipment
- Development of alternate molarity and solvents
- Scale up services, from custom molecule kilo labs to large-volume orders of Grignards and Organozincs
Rieke Metals is committed to giving our clients the products, care, and expertise they need to push the boundaries of what’s possible in material and life science. Contact us
today to see how we can expand your possibilities.